Create a Donor-Advised Fund
How To Get Started
Establishing a DAF is simple since the Pinellas Community Foundation (PCF) manages the administrative details for you. Here’s all you have to do:
- Select the name of your donor-advised fund and the area(s) of impact you want the fund to support.
- It can be the name of your family or business or established in honor of any person or organization you choose. Grants are distributed in the name of your fund or anonymously if you prefer.
- You can choose more than one area or cause that is important to you. Given the PCF Board and Staff’s experience and connection to the community, you may consult with PCF to determine the areas of greatest need.
- Decide if you want a fund advisor and/or a successor advisor.
- Fund Advisors make recommendations for all fund-related matters, including grants and investments. Fund Advisors have online access to view fund statements and recommend grants.
- Successor Advisors make grant and investment recommendations for the fund after the fund advisors are no longer able or willing to do so.
- You can be the sole fund advisor or you can designate others. This is a great way to engage trusted family or friends in charitable giving plans.
- Complete the application online or make an appointment to fill out the application in person or over the phone.
- No sensitive personal information like social security and bank information is required on the application.
Finalizing Your Donor-Advised Fund
Here are the next steps after completing the application:
- PCF will contact you to review your application, answer any questions and go over the fund agreement and contribution details.
- Minimal contribution to activate a fund is $5,000. Checks, money orders, Stocks, real estate or private business interest are all options for contributions.
- Sign a fund agreement. You can choose to sign electronically through a secure DocuSign, sign in person at a PCF office (locations in Clearwater or St. Petersburg), or we can mail you your fund agreement.
Below are links to more information about setting up a donor-advised fund at Pinellas Community Foundation:
Pinellas Community Foundation does not request sensitive information, including account numbers or social security numbers, in these online forms, but does collect personal and demographic information, which can be more safely transmitted online. You are welcome to reach out to PCF at any time to schedule a meeting, as these forms can be completed with help from our staff at a time that is convenient for you. Feel free to ask us any questions about the donor-advised fund agreement or about donor-advised funds. We will be delighted to speak with you.
Pinellas Community Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization registered with the state of Florida. A copy of the official registration and financial information for Pinellas Community Foundation (CH3646) may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) or visiting www.FDACS.gov. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval, or recommendation by the state. Your gift may be tax-deductible; please consult your tax professional to explore your benefits.
We Can Help
Director of Donor and Advisor Relations