Senior Citizens Services GrantsOur partner in aiding the aging of Pinellas
Senior Support Services
The Pinellas Community Foundation (PCF) is honored to announce the establishment of its newest $10 million donor-advised fund by Senior Citizens Services, Inc. (SCS). SCS is a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1960 which has enlisted extensive grant management expertise of PCF for the benefit of seniors 55+ in Pinellas County.
The mission of the Senior Citizens Services fund is to give help and guidance to those citizens residing in Pinellas County who are fifty-five year of age or older by making charitable contributions to qualified charitable organizations and governmental entities which provide help and guidance to those citizens.
This fund brings together two foundations committed to addressing the needs of older adults in Pinellas County.
2021 Grants Overview
Grants awarded in the coming year will apply to programs that help seniors 55+ in Housing, Wellness and Senior Support Services.
|Grant Type||Max. Funding||Letter of Intent
|Housing||$15,000||JAN 1-18||MAR 2021||APR 1, 2021 – MAR 31, 2022|
|Wellness||$15,000||APR 1-20||JUNE 2021||JULY 1, 2021 – JUNE 30, 2022|
|Senior Support Services||$15,000||OCT 1-18||NOV 2021||JAN 1, 2022 – DEC 31, 2022|
* The Letter of Intent submission period closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the date listed above
SCS took the bold move to seek a public foundation to administer a donor-advised fund on our behalf. Now we can enjoy grant-making and the decision-making that goes with it. Pinellas Community Foundation will manage foundation administration.
SCS Board President
We are honored by the faith shown in us by SCS to efficiently and effectively manage their charitable investment while easing their burdens and earning their ongoing confidence.
Access to the online application system can be found by clicking the APPLY NOW link at the bottom of this page.
Senior Citizens Services (SCS) provides grant support to nonprofit agencies that help improve the quality of life for Pinellas residents age 55 and older (also known as the ACT II generation).
SCS grantees are 501(c)(3) organizations and government agencies selected on a competitive basis. Grant applications are carefully vetted based on community needs and the ability to complete proposed projects. Qualified applicants may receive grants of $800 to $15,000 depending on community needs and available funds.
While many organizations create programs of good works for the community, grant awards are limited to those designated as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and government agencies.
Pinellas Community Foundation and Senior Citizens Services, Inc. do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 501(c)(3) or government agency
- All projects and funds must be spent in Pinellas County
- Funds must be used exclusively to serve persons 55+
- The request for funding is specific to the funding priority (Housing, Wellness, or Senior Support Services)
- The application must be completed online and in full
- All funding is awarded on a competitive basis regardless of funding history
- Grantees must agree to acknowledge Senior Citizens Services in external communications
Community Impact Report
A six-month and 12-month Impact Report are required from all grant recipients. Instructions for completion are included in each grant award letter. Failure to submit either a 6-month or a 12-month Impact Report will affect the consideration of future funding.
Minimum Required Acknowledgements
- SCS logo must be posted on grantee website with a link to https://pinellascf.org/scs. You may find a copy of the logo here: https://pinellascf.org/grants/agency-resources/
- The SCS logo must appear on collateral, letterhead and other external marketing materials that feature sponsors (where appropriate)
- Provide up to 3 SCS/PCF board members and/or staff with an annual tour of facilities
Exceptions to these requirements must be made in writing with or before application
Housing grant Letters of Intent will be accepted between January 1 and January 18, 2021. Funds may be used for the following purposes:
- Financial assistance (rent subsidies, etc.)
- Housing referral assistance and education
- Housing repair
- Relocation assistance (including required deposits)
- Durable medical equipment
- Aging in Place assistance (wheelchair ramp, door widening, etc.)
- Other house-related services with the exceptions of utilities
Wellness grant Letters of Intent will be accepted between April 1 and April 20, 2021. Funds may be used for the following purposes:
- Wellness Services, Activities, or Education
- Other Wellness Related Services
- Mental Health Counseling
- Adult Day Care
- Caregiver Support/Respite
Senior Support Services Grants
Senior Support Services grant Letters of Intent will be accepted between October 1 and October 18, 2021. These grants may be used for:
- Utilities assistance
- Homemaker/personal care
- Elder abuse prevention
- Legal services
- Kinship Care
Questions and Deadlines
If you have any questions or technological problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to PCF staff. Please see the table above to view specific deadlines for each type of grant. Do not wait until the last week to begin the application.
Applications must be submitted by the date listed above in the informational table. Only online submissions are accepted. Please remember to click the submit button prior to the deadline. Applications in the system that are not submitted will be marked abandoned at the deadline.
Ready to apply?
Click the button below to begin!