Senior Citizens Services GrantsOur latest partner in aiding the aging of Pinellas
Senior Support Services
The Pinellas Community Foundation (PCF) is honored to announce the establishment of its newest $10 million donor-advised fund by Senior Citizens Services, Inc. (SCS). SCS is a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1960 which has enlisted our extensive grant management expertise for the benefit of seniors 55+ in Pinellas County.
The new fund brings together two foundations committed to addressing the needs of older adults in Pinellas County.
Pinellas Community Foundation and Senior Citizens Services, Inc. do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation or military status in any of its activities or operations.
2019 Grants Overview
Grants awarded in the coming year will apply to programs that help seniors 55+ in Housing, Wellness, Other Senior Services and Social Activities.
|Grant Type||Max. Funding||Application
|Housing||$12,000||JAN 1-31||FEB 27||MAR 19||APR 1, 2019 – MAR 30, 2020|
|Wellness||$12,000||APR 1-30||MAY 29||JUNE 18||JULY 1, 2019 – JUN 30, 2020|
|Senior Support Services||$15,000||OCT 1-31||NOV 22||DEC 17||JAN 1, 2020 – DEC 31, 2020|
* The grant applications period closes at 11:59 PM on date listed above
** Checks are presented at an award ceremony
SCS took the bold move to seek a public foundation to administer a donor-advised fund on our behalf. Now we can enjoy grant-making and the decision-making that goes with it. Pinellas Community Foundation will manage foundation administration.
SCS Board President
We are honored by the faith shown in us by SCS to efficiently and effectively manage their charitable investment while easing their burdens and earning their ongoing confidence.
Access to the online application system can be found by clicking the APPLY NOW link at the bottom of this page.
Senior Citizens Services (SCS) provides grant support to nonprofit agencies that help improve the quality of life for Pinellas residents age 55 and older (also known as the ACT II generation).
SCS grantees are 501(c)(3) organizations and government agencies selected on a competitive basis. Grant applications are carefully vetted based on community needs and the ability to complete proposed projects. Qualified applicants may receive grants of $800 to $15,000 depending on community needs and available funds.
While many organizations create programs of good works for the community, grant awards are limited to those designated as a 501(c)(3) by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and government agencies.
Application and Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 501(c)(3) or government agency
- All projects and funds must be spent in Pinellas County
- Funds must be used exclusively to serve persons 55+
- The request for funding is specific to the funding priority (Housing, Wellness, Social Activities, or Other)
- The SCS application must be completed online
- The application must be completed in full
- All funding is awarded on a competitive basis regardless of funding history
- Applicant must agree to acknowledge Senior Citizens Services in external communications
Community Impact Report
A 6-month and a 12-month Impact Report are required from all grant recipients. Instructions for completion are included in each grant award letter. Failure to submit either a 6-month or a 12-month Impact Report will affect the consideration of future funding.
Minimum Required Acknowledgements
- SCS logo must be posted on grantee website with a link to https://pinellascf.org/scs
- The SCS logo must appear on collateral, letterhead and other external marketing materials that feature sponsors (where appropriate)
- Provide up to 3 SCS/PCF board members and/or staff with an annual tour of facilities
Exceptions to these requirements must be made in writing with or before application
Grant Informational Webinar
Learn how to use our online grant application system by viewing this helpful video.
Questions and Deadlines
If you have any questions or technological problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to PCF staff. Please see the table below to view specific deadlines for each type of grant. Do not wait until the last week to begin the application.
Applications must be submitted by the date listed above in the informational table. Only online submissions are accepted. Please remember to click the submit button prior to the deadline. Applications in the system that are not submitted will be marked abandoned at the deadline.
Housing grant applications will be accepted between January 1 and January 31, 2019. They may be used for the following purposes:
- Financial assistance (rent subsidies, etc.)
- Housing referral assistance and education
- Housing repair
- Relocation assistance (including required deposits)
- Aging in Place assistance (wheelchair ramp, door widening, etc.)
- Other house-related services with the exceptions of utilities
Wellness grant applications will be accepted between April 1 and April 30, 2019. They may be used for the following purposes:
- Wellness services, activities or education
- Other wellness-related services
- Mental health counseling
- Adult day care
- Disaster preparedness
Senior Support Services Grants
If your organization doesn’t fit into the one of the categories above, but you primarily offer services to senior citizens, you may qualify for one of our other grants. Applications for these grants will be accepted between October 1 and October 31, 2019. These grants may be used for:
- Utilities assistance
- Homemaker/personal care
- Elder abuse prevention
- Legal services
- Caregiver Support/Respite
- Kinship Care