What are the Board of Governors Responsibilities?
How is the Board of Governors Chosen?
The board of governors appointment system is designed to ensure board members represent the leadership and diversity of Pinellas County. The organizational agreement delegates board appointment decisions to:
- Clearwater and St. Petersburg Bar Associations (joint appointment);
- League of Women Voters of St. Petersburg Area and North Pinellas County (joint appointment);
- Pinellas County Board of Commissioners;
- Pinellas County Medical Society;
- Pinellas County School Board; and
- The Chief Judge of the Sixth Judicial Circuit.
The Trustees Committee of PCF makes two appointments, and the Board of Governors may elect the option of appointing six additional members.