The Don Smith Family Scholarship, in Memory of Brian Lee Smith, awards scholarships each year to Stetson University College of Law for the educational benefit of law students who have been members or regularly attended a Boys and Girls Club or currently volunteer with a Boys and Girls Club.
- The scholarship funds shall benefit students at Stetson Law School who regularly attended a Boys and Girls Club or who currently volunteer at a Boys and Girls Club.
- Preference will be given to Stetson Law School Students who attended Boys and Girls Clubs in Pinellas, Hillsborough, or Pasco counties.
- The Scholarship Committee at Stetson College of Law should prioritize scholarship recipients based on financial need.
- Scholarship recipients must be in good academic standing.
- Current students of Stetson College of Law who meet the selection criteria should inquire about this opportunity with the financial aid office at Stetson.
- To date, the scholarship fund is valued at $50,000 and the first scholarship recipient will be named later this year.
Donate by Check
Make check payable to:
Pinellas Community Foundation
Don Smith Family Scholarship
Mail checks to:
17755 US Highway 19 N, Suite 150
Clearwater, FL 33764
Donate Stock or Property or Make a Pledge
Additional scholarship naming opportunities are available for gifts of $5,000 or more to this fund.
Call Leigh Davis
This is a partnership scholarship started by Don Smith and his family and involving PCF, Stetson University College of Law, and Boys and Girls Clubs in the Tampa Bay Area.