Cultural Education & Outreach Grants
Award: Up to $20,000. Application Window: May 2023 Award Distribution: July 2023. Candidates: Arts or cultural organizations that have already received a Cultural Development Grant from the former Pinellas County Cultural Affairs Department. Both new and continuing programs are acceptable.
PCF offers an annual grant opportunity to expand and enrich programs at arts-focused agencies serving the students of Pinellas County.
Janet A. Huntley Arts Enrichment for Youth Grant
Janet A. Huntley established a field-of-interest fund to support art teachers in the Pinellas County School System in support of visual and performing arts education. This grant is specifically for mentoring K – 12 PCS students in Title I or Title II schools, and funds the cost of sending an artist to teach a fine art, performing art or cultural experience.
Administrative expenses such as salaries, rent or overhead are not eligible for grant funding.
This an invitation-only grant, reserved for 501(c)(3) organizations that received a Cultural Development Grant from the former Pinellas County Cultural Affairs Department. Both new and continuing programs are acceptable.
Requests for funding will be considered only for arts education departments offering programs for underserved constituencies of all ages to support expenditures for the following:
- Artist or instructor fees for existing or new arts education projects and programs.
- Transportation fees to bring students or older adults to exhibitions or performances.
- Tuition waivers for current programs, classes, workshops, summer intensives, etc.
- Art supplies and arts education curriculum materials, including software. (Equipment may be purchased for the arts education program if the cost is less than $500.00 and must be detailed in the proposal budget.)
Grant funds must be used in the fiscal year immediately following the grant award. Applications must meet the specific criteria for expenditures detailed above. Applications not meeting the required criteria will not be reviewed.
The maximum award value is $19,000. Lesser amounts may also be awarded.
Organizations receiving the Janet A. Huntley grant agree that they will not use grant funds for salaries, rent, or other administrative overhead. Furthermore, grantees also agree to the following requirements:
- The PCF logo must be posted on your organization’s website linked to www.pinellascf.org
- The PCF name and logo must appear on collateral, letterhead and other external marketing materials that feature sponsors (where appropriate)
- An opportunity to present to the nonprofit agency’s board of directors regarding partnerships and opportunities with PCF
- An annual tour of facilities
Exceptions to any above condition must be made in writing with or before application
The 2023 application for the Huntley will open May 2, 2023. Potential applicants will receive an invitation by email with an access code for the application.
Awards for the 2022 cycle have been distributed. The 2023 cycle will distribute awards in July.
Application Format and Access
Grant applications are based on storytelling, as our goal is to tell the stories of our community. Who can better tell the story of our communities than the organizations that work with them?
Access to the online application system can be found by clicking the APPLY NOW link at the side of this page during the application period.
Questions and Deadline
Questions regarding application content will only be answered up to one week before the application deadline. After this point, only technology-related questions regarding the grants platform will be answered.
If you have any questions or technological problems, don’t hesitate to reach out to PCF staff. Please see Important Dates above to view grant deadlines. Do not wait until the last week to begin the application.
Applications must be submitted during the application period. Only online submissions are accepted. Please remember to click the submit button prior to the deadline. Applications in the system that are not submitted will be marked abandoned at the deadline.